Sunday, August 21, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup!

You have got to try this recipe. I threw it together on a sunday night, using only the things I had in the pantry.

4 chicken breasts(frozen)
2 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken
1 small diced onion
diced-half green pepper
diced jalapeno slices(jarred)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can corn
few shakes of cumin
Throw all ingredients in the crock pot. You can dice or shred the chicken. You may want to add the corn till about 30-45 minutes before the soup is ready, so that it's not too soft. If it looks too liquidy for you; add 1 pack of chicken gravy(I did). Takes about 5hours of cook time on high setting, with frozen chicken. I prepared my bowl by spooning a dollop of sour cream in the bowl, covering with soup and topped with cheese and crunched tortilla chips. Enjoy! :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I will have to try this some time, but without the tortilla chips. =O) Congrats on your first official blog post!

    ReplyDelete